Coryphanta - Cacti of Mexico and Southern USA
Dicht, Reto F., Lüthy, Adrian D.
This unique reference work presents the first comprehensive taxonomy of Coryphantha , with a complete
key to the genus. It contains a new taxonomic classification of all 43 species and 11 subspecies, with morphological
and ecological descriptions. These cacti, which grow in Mexico and southern USA, are characterized by their typical
grooved tubercles and large flowers.
Hardcover 200 p. 338 illus., 306 in co ISBN 9783540223061
The book is the result of many years of viewing the literature and fieldwork by the author team and their
ongoing commitment to map out the nomenclature of this genus. During this process, the authors even discovered
some new plants.
More than 300 high-quality colour photos showing the various cacti and their habitats as well as distribution cards
and illustrations explaining the morphological details complement the text. Written in an easy-to-follow style and
with a chapter on cultivation conditions, the work will not only be an invaluable reference manual for taxonomists
and horticulturalists but also for hobbyists and plant collectors.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- About this Book
- 1 Introduction to the Genus Coryphantha
- 2 Ecology of Coryphantha spp.
- 3 Morphology of Coryphantha
- 4 History of the Genus Coryphantha
- 5 Position and Delimitation of the Genus Coryphantha
- 6 Key to the Genus Coryphantha
- 7 The Genus Coryphantha - Descriptions of the Species with Colour Plates
- 8 Coryphantha spp. in Cultivation
Synonyms and Valid Names,
: plant propagation
: plant science