Handbook of Polymer Synthesis: Second Edition
Edited by Hans R Kricheldorf Oskar Nuyken and Graham Swift
Hardback 984 ISBN 9780824754730
- Presents the latest research and technology in the field
- Considers major issues and challenges in the production of commercial-scale polymers
- Reviews fundamental concepts in polymer chemistry including the polymerization mechanisms, catalysts,
monomers, solvents, and agents to prepare a variety of different types of polymers
- Studies the reaction parameters that are key to the control of polymerization rates, polymer molecular weight,
molecular weight distribution, and structural stability
An authoritative and in-depth review of the most important preparative methods for the synthesis and chemical
modification of polymers, this second edition examines the advantages and limitations of a variety of polymerization
applications and procedures, as well as new approaches and innovative strategies from the most prominent industry
and academic laboratories. The authors analyze biodegradable polymers for biomedical applications, investigate the
use of polyolefins, polymeric dienes, aromatic polyethers, polymides, and metal-containing macromolecules, and
cover polymers of acrylic acid, methacrylic acid, and maleic acid, reflecting the burgeoning role of polymers in
modern science and technology.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Polyefins, W. Kaminsky
- Polystyrenes and Other Aromatic Poly(Vinyl Compounds), O. Nuyken, P.C. Wieland, M. Lux, M. Heller, S
. Aechter, M. Wagner, P. Stohriegl, T. Frasch, W. Billig-Peteres
- Poly(vinyl ehters)s Poly (vinyl ester)s, and Poly (vinyl halogenide)s, O. Nuyken, H. Braun, J. Crivello, C.
Lautner, J.P. Robert, B. Voit, and R. Jordan
- Polymers of Acrylic Acid, Methacrylic Acid, Maleic Acid, and Their Derivatives, O. Nuyken, G. Lattermann,
H. Samarian, U. Schmelmer, C. Strissel, L. Friebe, G. Staufer, M. Schafer, T. Volkel, V.-M. Graubner, P.
Strohiegl, T. Greibel, H. Kricheldorf, and M. Burger
- Polymeric Dienes, W. Kaminsky and B. Hinrichs
- Metathesis Polymerization of Cycloolefins, U. Frenzel, B.K.M. Muller, and O. Nuyken
- Aromatic Polyethers, H.R. Kricheldorf
- Polyurethanes, Z.S. Petrovic
- Polymides, J. de Abajo and J.G. de la Campa
- Poly(vinyl aldehyde)s, Poly(vinyl ketone)s, and Phosphorous-Containing Vinyl Polymers, O. Nuyken, T.
Pohlmann, R. Vogel, U. Anders, R. Bayer, J. Bayer, A. Riederer, S. Buchel, K. Losert, V. Knopfova, A.W.
Fortig, and T. Komenda
- Metal-Containing Macromolecules, D. Wohrle
- Electrically Conducting Polymers, H. Naarmann
- Photoconductive Polymers, P. Strohiegl and J.V. Grazulevicius
- Polymers for Organic Light Emitting Devices/Diodes (OLEDS), O. Nuyken, E. Bacher, M. Rojahn, V.
Wiederhirn, and R. Weberskirch
- Crosslinking and Polymer Networks, M.L. Hallensleben
- Biodegradable Polymers for Biomedical Applications, S.J. Huang
- Controlled/Living Radical Polymerization, K. Matyjaszewski and J. Spanswick
: plastics & polymers