Handbook of Phytochemical Constituents of GRAS Herbs and Other Economic Plants
Edited by James A Duke
Hardback 680 pp ISBN 9780849338656
CRC Handbook of Phytochemical Constituents of GRAS Herbs and Other Economic Plants is a unique
catalog that includes more than 15,000 phytochemical constituents from over 1,000 higher plant species.
This volume covers all of the generally-recognized-as-safe (GRAS) herbs and at least 250 important food
and medicinal plants. Each entry features the scientific name, one or more common names, a listing of
phytochemical constituents, a single datum or range of quantitative data (wet-weight to dry-weight in parts
per million), two-letter abbreviation identifying the plant part, and three-letter abbreviation(s) indicating the source
(s) of the data.
- A volume of the 'Herbal Reference Library'.
- Covers more than 1,000 economically important plants
- Lists vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals
- Gives quantities present in parts per million (ppm)
- Features all of the species considered GRAS by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Gives the scientific name, common name(s), phytochemical constituents, a single datum or range
of quantitative data, and abbreviations for each entry
The extraordinary amount of data compiled into an easy-to-use tabular format makes the CRC Handbook
of Phytochemical Constituents of GRAS Herbs and Other Economic Plants a volume useful to all pharmacologists,
toxicologists, nutritionists, pharmacognicists, and food scientists.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Codes Used in Databases.
- Alphabetical Listing by Scientific Name.
: plant science