Pesticide Residues in Food and Drinking Water - Human Exposure and Risks
Edited by Hamilton, Denis, Crossley, Stephen
John Wiley & Sons
It is extremely rare that the research into the elements of risk assessment (dietary exposure
and toxicity are reported together. This book not only combines these, but also positions them
within the broader picture, which includes environmental fate of pesticides, identification of the
exact nature of the residues and the international standards for acceptable levels of food
pesticide residues in food and water.
Hardcover 378 Pages ISBN 9780471489917
- The subjects covered reflect the increasing concerns over food safety and risks to humans
- It takes an international approach with contributors from the EU, US and Australia.
From the contents
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
1. Introduction (Denis Hamilton and Stephen Crossley).
2. Environmental Fate of Pesticides and the Consequences for Residues in Food and Drinking Water (Jack Holland and Phil Sinclair).
3. Pesticide Metabolism in Crops and Livestock (Michael W. Skidmore and € Arp€ad Ambrus).
4. Effects of Food Preparation and Processing on Pesticide Residues in Commodities of Plant Origin (Gabriele Timme and Birgitt Walz-Tylla).
5. Toxicological Assessment of Agricultural Pesticides (Mike Watson).
6. Diets and Dietary Modelling for Dietary Exposure Assessment (J. Robert Tomerlin and Barbara J. Petersen).
7. Chronic Intake (Les Davies, Michael O'Connor and Sheila Logan).
8. Acute Intake (Kim Z. Travis Denis Hamilton, Les Davies, Matthew O'Mullane and Utz Mueller).
9. Natural Toxicants as Pesticides (John A. Edgar).
10. International Standards: The International Harmonization of Pesticide Residue Standards for Food and Drinking Water (Wim H. Van Eck).
11. Explaining the Risks (Sir Colin Berry).
: agriculture & forestry
: environmental science
: food safety
: risk assessment
: water science