Environmental Science - Earth as a Living Planet, 7th Edition
Daniel B. Botkin, Edward A. Keller
John Wiley & Sons
For more than two decades, Botkin has been active in the
application of ecological science to environmental management.
Updated and revised to include the latest research in the field, the
new Sixth Edition of Environmental Science continues to present
a balanced analytical and interdisciplinary approach to the field. This
approach equips readers with a solid scientific background in environmental
science, so they can think through environmental issues and make their own decisions.
Softcover 752 pp Pages ISBN 9780470414385
Five central themes are weaved throughout the book: Human Population Growth, Sustainability,
A Global Perspective, An Urban World, and Science and Values.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Key Themes in Environmental Science.
- Science as a Way of Knowing: Critical Thinking about the Environment.
- The Big Picture: Systems of Change.
- The Human Population and the Environment.
- The Biogeochemical Cycles.
- Ecosystems and Ecosystem Management.
- Biological Diversity.
- Biological Productivity and Energy Flow.
- Ecological Restoration.
- Producing Enough Food for the World: How Agriculture Depends on Environment.
- Effects of Agriculture on the Environment.
- Forests, Parks, and Landscapes.
- Wildlife, Fisheries, and Endangered Species.
- Environmental Health, Pollution, and Toxicology.
- Natural Disasters and Catastrophe
- Energy: Some Basics.
- . Fossil Fuels and the Environment.
- Alternative Energy and the Environment.
- Nuclear Energy and the Environment.
- Water Supply, Use, and Management.
- Water Pollution and Treatment.
- The Atmosphere, Climate, and Global Warming.
- Air Pollution.
- Indoor Air Pollution.
- Ozone Depletion.
- Minerals and the Environment.
- Dollars and Environmental Sense: Economics of Environment Issues.
- Urban Environments.
- Waste Management.
: atmosphere and air pollution
: environmental science
: water science