Wastewater Microbiology - 4th edition
John Wiley & Sons
The new edition of a classic reference incorporating the latest findings and discoveries
Hardcover 785 pp ISBN 9780470630334
This classic reference has now been updated to focus more exclusively on issues particular
to wastewater, with new information on fecal contamination and new molecular methods.
The book features new methods to determine cell viability/activity in environmental samples; a new section
on bacterial spores as indicators; new information covering disinfection byproducts, UV disinfection,
and photoreactivation; and much more.
The publication begins a discussion of microbiology principles, followed by a discussion of public health issues
and concerns. Next, the core of the text is dedicated to a thorough examination of wastewater and drinking
water treatment, biosolids, pollution-control biotechnology, and drinking water distribution. The remainder
of the text discusses toxicity testing in wastewater treatment plants, and the public health aspects of wastewater
disposal and reuse.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
PART A. FUNDAMENTALS OF MICROBIOLOGY.
1. The Microbial World.
2. Microbial Metabolism and Growth.
3. Role of Microorganisms in Biogeochemical Cycles.
PART B. PUBLIC HEALTH MICROBIOLOGY.
4. Pathogens and Parasites in Domestic Wastewater.
5. Microbial Indicators of Fecal Contamination.
6. Microbial Source Tracking.
7. Wastewater Disinfection.
PART C. MICROBIOLOGY OF WASTEWATER TREATMENT.
8. Introduction to Wastewater Treatment.
9. Activated Sludge Process.
10. Bulking and Foaming in Activated Sludge Plants.
11. Processes Based on Attached Microbial Growth.
12. Waste Stabilization Ponds.
13. Sludge Microbiology.
14. Anaerobic Digestion of Wastewater and Biosolids.
15. Biological Aerosols and Bio-odors from Wastewater Treatment Plants.
PART D. BIOTECHNOLOGY IN WASTEWATER TREATMENT.
16. Pollution Control Biotechnology.
PART E. FATE AND TOXICITY OF CHEMICALS IN WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANTS.
17. Fate of Xenobiotics and Toxic Metals in Wastewater Treatment Plants.
18. Toxicity Testing in Wastewater Treatment Plants Using Microorganisms.
PART F. MICROBIOLOGY AND PUBLIC HEALTH ASPECTS OF WASTEWATER EFFLUENTS AND BIOSOLIDS DISPOSAL AND REUSE.
19. Public Health Aspects of Wastewater and Biosolids Disposal on Land.
20. Public Health Aspects of Contamination of Recreational Waters with Wastewater.
21. Wastewater Reuse.
: anaerobic digestion
: environmental science
: organic waste
: waste treatment
: water science