Plant Genomics and Proteomics
Cullis, Christopher A.
Plant research has stood at the forefront of the genomics revolution. One of the first genome projects,
the sequencing of the commonly used model organism Arabidopsis, has already yielded important results
for the study of a broad array of crops such as corn and soybeans. With crop and food bioengineering
only in its infancy, the need to understand the fundamental genetic mechanisms of plants will only
become more pressing.
Hardcover 214 Pages ISBN 9780471373148
A comprehensive guide to this fascinating area of genomics, Plant Genomics and Proteomics
presents an integrated, broadly accessible treatment of the complex relationship between the genome,
transcriptome, and proteome of plants. This clearly written text introduces the reader to the range of molecular
techniques applicable to investigating the unique facets of plant growth, development, and response to the
environment. Coverage includes:
- Functional and structural genomics addressed within the context of
- current techniques and challenges to come
- How to utilize DNA and protein sequence data
- Practical considerations for choosing and employing the most commonly available computer applications
- A review of applications for biotechnology, including genetic modification and defense against pathogens
- Bioinformatics tools and Web resources
- Numerous examples from the latest research throughout
Assuming no specialized knowledge of plant biology on the part of its reader, Plant Genomics and Proteomics provides an invaluable resource for students and researchers in biotechnology, plant biology, genomics, and bioinformatics.
From the contents
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
1. The Structure of Plant Genomes.
2. The Basic Toolbox--Acquiring Functional Genomic Data.
3. Sequencing Strategies.
4. Gene Discovery.
5. Control of Gene Expression.
6. Functional Genomics.
7. Interactions with the External Environment.
8. Identification and Manipulation of Complex Traits.
10. Bioethical Concerns and the Future of Plant Genomics.
: modelling, computer & mathematical
: molecular biology
: plant genetics
: plant science