Handbook of Medicinal Mints (Aromathematics): Phytochemicals and Biological Activities
James A Duke, Stephen M Beckstrom-Sternberg
Hardback 480pp ISBN 9780849327247
- Lists aromatic plants alphabetically by scientific name for quick reference
- Presents relative quantities of each biologically active compound and states how the compound is used
- Includes information on the aromatic medicinals and perfumery compounds in the mint family
- Provides more than 500 references on 10,839 chemicals
This handbook provides the most complete collection of chemical data available on
aromatic mints (Lamiaceae). The authors thoroughly introduce the field of aromathematics.
Handbook of Medicinal Mints (Aromatics): Phytochemicals and Biological Activities
contains a wealth of quantitative data, including more than 500 references on 10,839
chemicals from 251 assays of 205 unique taxa, combined with 3,324 biological activities
and 256 recommended daily allowances and lethal doses. An exhaustive guide, the
handbook is the ultimate resource for assessing the potential medicinal value of a
1. Important Phytochemicals in Mints.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
2. Biological Activities of Mint Phytochemicals.
: food ingredients
: food science
: non-food crops
: novel crops