Medicinal Plants: Culture, Utilization and Phytopharmacology
Thomas S.C. Li
Hardback 536pp ISBN 9781566769037
- User-friendly, broad base of information on medicinal plants and their uses covering more than 400
- Three appendices for quick cross reference provide common name/scientific name, essential oils and their
derivation, and active ingredients and their sources
- Easy-to-use tabular format includes: active ingredients and major constituents, uses and value-added products,
cultivation, and toxicity
Medicinal Plants: Culture, Utilization and Phytopharmacology covers over 400 species.
Each chapter gathers valuable information from a wide variety of sources, and supplies it to
the user in convenient table format, arranged alphabetically by scientific name, followed by
the common name. Data topics include: major constituents (active ingredients) and medicinal
values of plants; toxicity or hazardous components; essential oils; value-added products and
possible uses; cultivation and harvesting; diseases and insects found in medicinal plants.
Three appendices (alphabetical listing of plants by common name, followed by the scientific
name; essential oils and their derivation; active ingredients and their sources) provide handy
cross-references to the Tables.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Major Constituents and Medicinal Values
- Toxicity of Medicinal Plants
- Essential Oil and Fractions Medicinal Plants
- Value-Added Products and Possible Usage Derived from Medicinal Plants
- Cultivation and Harvesting
- Major Diseases and Insects Found in Medicinal Plants.
: ayurvedic medicine
: health & beauty
: novel crops
: plant science