Applied Wetlands Science and Technology, Second Edition
Edited by Donald M Kent
Hardback 472pp ISBN 9781566703598
- Covers laws and regulations designed to protect and regulate wetland use
- Contains three new chapters that discuss Mitigation Banking, Watershed Management
and Managing Global Wetlands.
- Provides fundamental information for regulating, identifying, and delineating wetlands
- Focuses on effective decision making regarding wetland issues
Continuing the tradition of excellence established by the first edition, the Second Edition
of Applied Wetlands Science and Technology provides the fundamentals for delineating,
identifying, and regulating wetlands. It covers functions and values, ecological assessments,
and how to minimize negative impacts on wetlands. The book also presents essential
information on wetland creation, enhancement, restoration, and monitoring. Selected
management topics include designing and managing wetlands for wildlife, managing
coastal marshes, and wetlands education.
Three new chapters in the Second Edition:
- Wetlands Mitigation Banking-discusses the purpose, policy, and technology of mitigation
- Watershed Management-covers the most current remediation technology as it pertains
- Managing Global Wetlands-describes the classification and management of wetlands
throughout the world
Written by wetland professionals, this indispensable guide furnishes extensive information
on how wetlands function, how they can be protected, and how they can be managed.
Recognizing that each and every situation is unique and requires specific solutions, Applied
Wetlands Science and Technology, Second Edition focuses on providing guidelines for
effective decision making.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
: environmental protection
: environmental science
: soil science
: water science