Natural Resource and Environmental Economics - 3rd Edition
Roger Perman, Michael Common, James Mcgilvray, Yue Ma
Paperback 728 pages ISBN 9780273655596
Please note: This title is not available from CPL Press in North
America or Australasia - please contact a local source
Natural Resource and Environmental Economics is among the leading textbooks in its field. Well
written and rigorous in its approach, this third edition follows in the vein of previous editions and continues to provide
a comprehensive and clear account of the application of economic analysis to environmental issues. This new edition
has evolved with the times and been thoroughly updated to reflect recent developments in environmental issues and
policies, such as forestry, biodiversity and pollution control. The early chapters explain the development and role of
environmental economics before further chapters advance the student at a suitably challenging but achievable level.
1. An introduction to natural resource and environmental
2. The origins of the sustainability problem
3. Ethics, welfare economics and the
4. Concepts of sustainability
5. Welfare economics and the environment
6. Pollution control: targets
7. Pollution control: instruments
Pollution policy with imperfect information
9. Economy wide modelling
10. International environmental
III. PROJECT APPRAISAL
11. Cost benefit analysis
12. Valuing the environment
13. Irreversibility risk and uncertainty
IV. NATURAL RESOURCE EXPLOITATION
14. The efficient and optimal use of natural resources
15. Non-renewable resources
17. Renewable resources
18. Forest resources
19. Accounting for the
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Extensive use of case studies and examples of the application of the theory.
chapter concludes with suggested further readings, discussion questions and problems.
- The mathematics of
the text is covered in a separate appendix.
- A Companion Website providing a full resource pack for both
lecturers and students, including a downloadable Instructors manual, extra exercises and a bank of
multiple choice questions for students.
- Relates environmental economics to ethics and the natural sciences.
- Rigorous and comprehensive account of the application of economic analysis to environmental issues.
: atmosphere and air pollution
: environmental impact
: environmental protection
: environmental science
: sustainable agriculture
: sustainable development
: trees and timber