Horticulture- Principles and Practices (4th ed)
Hardback 816 pages ISBN 9780131592476
Please note: This title is not available from CPL Press in North America or Australasia
- please contact a local source
Now in its fourth edition, Horticulture: Principles and Practices continues to explore horticulture
as a science, an art, and a business, meeting the practical information needs of everyone involved in the
discipline - from the small urban gardener/hobbyist to the large-scale producer. Hailed by many as the
leading text of its kind and the best introductory horticulture book available today, this new edition is
completely updated to include the latest developments and newest technologies. New features include
two sets of sixteen-page color inserts, over 150 new photos, and Industry Highlights provided by
twelve horticulture experts. The color inserts are directly and effectively tied to the text and
are referenced throughout.
I. THE UNDERLYING SCIENCE.
1. What Is Horticulture?
2. Classifying and Naming Horticultural Products.
3. Plant Anatomy.
4. Plant Growth Environment.
5. Plant Physiology.
6. Breeding Horticultural Plants
II. PROTECTING HORTICULTURAL PLANTS.
7. Biological Enemies of Horticultural Plants.
8. Principles and Methods of Disease and Pest Control.
III. PROPAGATING HORTICULTURAL PLANTS.
9. Sexual Propagation.
10. Asexual Propagation.
IV. GROWING PLANTS INDOORS.
11. Growing Houseplants.
12. Controlled-Environment Horticulture.
13. Greenhouse Production
14. Growing Succulents.
V. GROWING PLANTS OUTDOORS: ORNAMENTALS.
15. Principles of Landscaping.
16. Nursery Production.
17. Installation of the Landscape
18. Turf Production and Use.
VI. GROWING PLANTS OUTDOORS: VEGETABLES, FRUITS, AND NUTS.
20. Growing Vegetables Outdoors.
21. Herb Gardening.
22. Organic Farming.
23. Establishment and Management of an Orchard
VII. SPECIAL TECHNIQUES AND HANDLING OF HORTICULTURAL PRODUCTS.
24. Floral Design.
25. Terrarium Culture
26. Bonsai: The Art of Miniature Plant Culture
27. Post-Harvest Handling of Horticultural Products
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
: plant science
: sustainable agriculture