Arboriculture - Integrated Management of Landscape Trees, Shrubs, and Vines - 4th Edition
Richard Harris, James Clark, Nelda Matheny
2003 592 pages ISBN 9780130888822
Please note: This title is not available from CPL Press in North America or Australasia - please contact a
local source US
Now in paperback, the fourth edition of Arboriculture: Integrated Management of landscape Trees, Shrubs,
and Vines still sets the standard in todays market. This comprehensive text covers all aspects of tree,
shrub, and vine care. The new edition has been updated to reflect new information and maintenance practices used
in the field.
1. Introduction to Arboriculture.
2. Plant Structure and Function.
3. Site Evaluation: Climate and Environment.
4. Site Evaluation: Soil and Water.
5. Benefits of
6. Plant Selection: Species and Quality.
7. Modifying and Managing the Site.
9. Transplanting Large Plants.
10. Special Management Situations.
11. Preserving Existing
12. Nutrient Management.
13. Water Management.
15. Control of Plant
16. Tree-Hazard Management.
17. Preventative Maintenance and Repair.
Diagnosing Plant Problems.
19. Plant Health Care: The Integrated Management of Landscape Trees, Shrubs,
Specifications for Acceptance of Landscape Nursery Trees.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- NEW - Approaches to analyzing problems - Shows the specific solutions to local and regional
- Provides students with the means to select the most appropriate solution to a particular problem.
- NEW - Extensively rewritten chapters - Contain updated information and the latest research available.
Gives students the latest information and research based on sound arboricultural experience.
- NEW - Tables,
figures, and boxes - Augment the text.
- Helps students understand how new research information is being
applied in the field.
- NEW - Preview and review sections - Included in each chapter give a quick overview of the
chapter as well as review important points to remember.
- Allows students to know what they need to learn in
each chapter and then test their own knowledge.
- NEW - Case studies and real world examples are
highlighted in boxes.
- Helps students understand how latest research is being applied in the field.
Comprehensive bibliography (over 900 entries).
- Provides students with a valuable reference they can use on
- Extensive glossary (over 390 terms).
- Helps students master the language of the trade and
provides an excellent reference tool for on-the-job.
- Nutrient deficiencies text boxes - Provides concise
summaries for each of 12 elements.
- Provides students with a quick reference guide and offers treatments
for common problems.
- Focus on practical applications - Including tree growth and development, the uses of
economic and environmental values of trees, and soil and sight analysis.
- Enables students to have the latest
research findings and to apply them to situations they may encounter in their future careers.
in metric units - Followed by non-metric equivalents in parentheses.
- Enables students to utilize the text as
a valuable reference tool.
: agriculture & forestry
: integrated crop protection
: trees and timber